Potpourri for Pedagogues
Blogs will cover a wide range of topics from practical hints to musings to inspiration to research. Stay tuned. . .
Why Are You/We Here?
A recent conversation with a young mother and piano teacher was illuminating. She was attending a teacher conference, enjoying the relief from the isolation that she often felt teaching in her home studio. I recall those days in my own teaching life. My children were small, my in-laws need extra care, and there was little time or money to shop for materials or attend conferences, but oh how I wanted to! That was before the internet, before Facebook, before interest groups—in fact before many people even had computers!
I told my young teacher friend about Music Educators’ Marketplace and our newly launched community where music educators can learn, collaborate, and shop. “That’s a great idea!” she responded. That is the same response I received from a teacher who is homebound recovering from an ankle fracture. And from a former student who is home schooling his daughter and looking for recommendations for appropriate materials. And from a member of a piano teachers’ online group. And from a harried school band director/piano teacher/church musician. All are eager to save time, to be effective teachers, and to interact meaningfully with the world. Me too!
So here's what what you can do when you visit the community center at Music Educators’ Marketplace :
- You can network with music educators everywhere or one on one.
- You can discover and purchase useful and unique teaching materials created by our member teachers.
- You can publicize your own creative or teaching efforts to a highly targeted audience. (We will soon start accepting selected advertising.)
- You can research information, videos, and events tailored to your professional needs and growth.
- You can share your teaching problems and solutions.
- You can start or participate in an interest group.
- You can give and receive feedback about products.
- You can “attend” at any time you have internet access.
- You can click our links to follow your needs and pursue your interests.
- You can deal with a long-established (entering our twelfth year!) company that is monitored, managed and maintained by active music educator professionals.
By participating you can enrich your professional life and at the same time enhance the value of the site for everyone else. Welcome to our new musical community! You are welcome here, neighbor.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments